Planning on studying in the UK? Check out our step-by-step guide for the funding and student visa requirements for international students.
Once you apply to a UK university, fill out the online application form via Ucas, your most important task is your student visa and arrangement of expenses. This might take longer than you imagine. So, it is better to work on your student visa and UK fee funding months before your course has to begin.
What to do and what not? Read on to discover our best guide to UK tuition fee and student visa management.
UK Study Visa Requirements 2021
A Tier 4 student visa is required for any international student who enrols at a UK university. It allows aspirants from outside of the European Economic Area to enter the UK as students.
Any student who wishes to pursue a job in the UK after completion of his/her degree will have to return to their state and then apply for a UK work visa.
The Tier 4 Student visa can be classified into two categories-
- Tier 4 (General) Student Visa – Students aged at least 16 years, coming to the UK for higher education are given this visa.
- Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa – This visa category is for children aged 4 to 15 years.
Can I work in the UK with a Student Visa?
The government permits students to earn some extra money while studying. They can work for up to 10 hours per week during their term time and full-time during vacations.
Post-Study-Work Visa Reinstated
We are delighted to share with you that the UK government has announced two-year work rights for international students in the UK reinstated for 2020/21.
Cost of UK Study Visa
A Tier 4 General Visa costs £348 (Approximately Rs 33,349).
One can make payments-
- Online by using a MasterCard or Visa card.
- By submitting a demand draft at the visa application centre.
- Through cash at the visa application centre. You can also submit at the selected branches of Standard Chartered Bank.
UK Student Visa Requirements
The process of visa requires some documents and also has certain financial requirements.
Documents required for a UK Study Visa
Ensure that you have the following documents before applying:
- A filled-out student visa application form
- Letter of acceptance on the course – Your education provider issues an acceptance letter (CAS) and a visa letter. These must be issued no more than six months before you apply for your visa else your visa application will be rejected.
- Meet all the set of requirements of the immigration rules.
- Original mark sheets and pass certificates
- Scores of exams like TOEFL, GMAT, IELTS- An English Language test scorecard for the test that you appeared for in the UK Home Office’s approved SELT centre.
UK Student Visa Financial Requirements
A student needs to submit proof of funds. Bank Balance required for a UK student Visa– the money you need to show should cover your tuition fees for your first year of study and nine months of living costs. So, you will need to show £1,334 for each month of your course for a maximum of nine months.
The UK government seeks evidence that you can afford to live and study in the UK.
How to Apply for UK Student Visa
Follow the below mentioned steps to apply for a UK Student Visa. Students must note that a completed UK Study Visa application takes three weeks for processing.
- The first step is to ensure that you qualify for the student visa. In order to confirm this, you need to have-
- A letter of confirmation of acceptance for studies from the school, university or college where you intend to study.
- Maintenance or funds to convince that you cover your course fees and living costs in the UK.
- Arrange for all the required documents
- Fill out the online application form
UK Visa Application is an online process. Here below is the link to visit the official website.
Register on the official UK Visa website. Fill out the online form correctly. Recheck and get a printout of the same. Self-attest/ sign your completed form.
On successful completion of your online application, you will receive an email containing your application number. Save the number as you will be needing it later.
- Pay your application fee.
There are several ways to pay your visa application fee. Choose from the below mentioned payment methods-
- Payment at Standard Chartered Bank
- A demand draft from a nationalized or foreign bank
- Make payment at the visa application centre.
- Online payment using a MasterCard credit or debit card.
- When you fill the online application form you also get to book your appointment at the Visa Application centre. So, you must visit the visa application centre on the date of appointment. Submit your application, facial photograph and fingerprints.
UK Tuition Fee for International Students 2021
The fee structure of UK is as follows-
- The Undergraduate tuition fees for international students in the UK ranges from £9,000 -£30,000 a year. The average tuition fee is about £12,000.
- Postgraduate tuition fee for international students in the UK- £9,000 a year to £30,000 a year depending on the course you choose.
- Doctorate Tuition Fee for international students in the UK- £18,000 per year.
So, these were some basic details on the UK Tuition Fee and Student Visa Requirements. Follow these and apply accordingly. For more such information stay connected to our website.